Wednesday, June 15, 2011

13 June 2011

Hola!

Well, the big news this week is that we´re moving to a different house-chapel. The new one is much bigger, has 2 floors, and won´t rain on us (at least as far as we know right now). Tomorrow we´re going to spend all day moving and cleaning. I´m not sure if I´m glad about the change or not. I kinda wish I could just stay in one place for more than a few weeks, no matter what it´s like. We´re going to be living in one of the most expensive houses in the mission, and President Gaviria told us that the branch\group needs to start growing or we´re going to move to somewhere cheaper.
The work...is going pretty well, I feel like we´re finally established here, with some good investigators and members and new converts to teach. Last week we had 2 baptisms, of people that the previous missionaries found. Working with Elder Luque is very different from working with Elder Staples. I like his philosophy about teaching and working, and the past week has been a lot more fun and rewarding. My Spanish is improving, I´m understanding more and more. I think having a Latino companion is really helping. Even though we never spoke English when I was with Elder Staples, it´s not the same as having a native around all the time.
I don´t think I tried any new fruits or jugos this week, though one of our investigators gave me a list of fruits that I had never heard of. I´m not sure i´m going to be able to try them all, even being here for 2 years.
I dunno what else to write...usually I write my letters out on paper beforehand but it didn´t happen today. Thanks everybody for the letters and also the recordings on the voice recorder. I finally got around to listening to them all last week... :\

Elder Coffman

No comments:

Post a Comment