Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16,2011








Familia,

This week has had its ups and downs. The house we moved into was gross. Ants everywhere, and this week alone mice have gotten into our food 3 times. By now it´s much better...after a week of cleaning in every spare moment it´s probably one of the better houses in the mission, minus the mice...we had somebody fumigate for the ants and soon somebody´s going to come with poison for the mice. What we´re going to do about the salamanders, I don´t know. Ignore them, probably.

Freijoa and pineapple were 2 new jugos I had this week. The pineapple was super good, the freijoa almost really good except for the strange texture. Oh, and there are these things called mamónes, which are strange. I don´t know how to describe them, you´ll just have to look them up. The work is...going. Almost nobody came to church of our investigators, and we invited a lot. José Manjarrez and his not-yet-wife are awesome. They finally read, and they were both asking really deep questions even though they are just starting. Oh, and there´s a story about José and a Jehova´s Witness that I don´t have time to get into now. They are working on getting married and now that they are finally reading the Book of Mormon I think they´ll progress quickly. They´re both awesome people and it´s been great to have the opportunity to teach them.

Other stuff...my spanish is improving a lot, I´m starting to understand people a lot more. I feel comfortable as a missionary now, more or less. I still have lots to learn, but that never changes.

Photos:

The house before cleaning. gag...I can´t believe the people before us left us their dishes to wash! There was a pot full of bloated spaghetti, among other things...gah! And then the fridge...
Ben


No comments:

Post a Comment