Monday, May 30, 2011


Surprise! I´m no longer in Valledupar. I got a call Wednesday night that the next morning I was leaving for Sabanalarga. I was sad to leave Valledupar and Elder Staples, the house that was finally clean...and José and Katyana as well. But here I am in Sabanalarga. It´s a big name for a little town an hour´s bus ride from Barranquilla. I don´t know how many people there are, and if anybody wants to send me the wiki page that might be interesting. It´s cooler than Valledupar, which is very nice, and it also doesn´t rain very much here.

My new companion is Elder Luque, from Bolivia. He´s really nice and I´ve already learned a lot from him. We can more or less communicate...my Spanish still needs a lot of work. We´re re-opening the area, which means that neither of us knows the area and we started with almost zero investigators. But, the people here are amazing! It seems like every other person is willing to listen to us, and what´s more they actually understand what we´re teaching. The branch here is tiny (16-ish attended yesterday) but I think it´s going to grow rapidly. I ended up teaching the priesthood meeting with zero preparation and speaking for 15 minutes in the sacrament meeting but it went pretty well nonetheless.

The house is also the chapel so it´s actually pretty clean, which is very nice. Our room drips in 3 places and occasionally rains flakes of plaster, but hey what´s a little asbestos to supplement your diet of rice and platanos? :p Right now I´m in Barranquilla for a conference with Elder Nash, of the 70. It starts tomorrow.

gah, no time. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment